Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Five myths about poverty

On 03/29/2021 04:42 AM, jimmy wrote:
Chicago has a few areas of racist black people who really hate white
people.

Traveling those areas will get you killed...especially if your car
breaks down.

Even Mayor Lori Lightfoot has a taxpayer-funded armed security service
protecting her.

The first time I was in Chicago was for the National plastics Exposition
in '72. The hotel clerk said 'Welcome to Chicago. Enjoy your stay. Don't
go south of Roosevelt'. A friend was at the University, a little enclave
in South Chicago so I did drive through deepest, darkest Chicago.
Unfortunately, she was in South America on a dig so it was a wasted
trip. I don't want to think what it's like 50 years later.