Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default The tale of gas cans continues:

On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 5:38:11 PM UTC-4, TimR wrote:
I bought a new plastic gas can last fall. I gave my daughter my tractor and gas can, and needed a new can for my push mower.

It's got a spout, and a little lever you hold down and press the lip against the edge, and it works fine. It was easy and I didn't spill.

They've obviously improved. The last time I used one of those I gave up and got my funnel.

Best of all, I found a gas station that sells ethanol free gas. I put a good bit of work into repairing that push mower and want to try to keep it going.

If I get my gas string trimmer working this summer I may just buy the premix. For the small amount I use, mixing oil isn't worth the hassle.

I made a run to the next town for ethanol free gas, and fueled up the push mower yesterday.

To my surprise it started first pull. Yes, I replaced the carb with a cheap chinese one last summer, ran it only on ethanol free, and ran it dry before storing, but still that was a pleasant surprise.