Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default OT: 'Vaccinated Only' Sections Now In America

On Sun, 28 Mar 2021 18:31:35 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/28/2021 5:39 PM, %% wrote:

"Jim Joyce" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Mar 2021 02:30:58 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 21:20:26 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 14:15:40 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 01:38:58 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 01:08:59 -0400,
wrote:

I already posted this but so far they have already found 89 post
vaccination infections in Minnesota and those are just the ones they
know about.

It's not clear to me what you're getting at. NPR says 130 million
doses
have been administered, with 46 million people being fully
vaccinated. With
that in mind, you seem to think it's significant that 89 people
still got
infected after being vaccinated.

The very first sentence of your linked article says "Health officials
report dozens of fully-vaccinated people have contracted COVID-19 in
Minnesota, a development that wasn't unexpected." What part of "a
development that wasn't unexpected" is confusing you? Did someone
tell you
that any of the vaccines would be 100% effective? No, I don't
think they
did.

Did any of those 89 people end up in the ICU? How many of them
died as a
result of getting infected? What percentage of 46 million is 89?
Maybe
those are some of the questions you should be asking. Not "why are
masks
still being recommended." This stuff really isn't that hard.

To start with 89 people might just be the tip of the iceberg since we
don't know how many people got infected and didn't go to the doctor.
This was also one fairly small state.

True. There could actually be 90 or more. Still, how does that number
compare to the millions who were able to avoid infection? And what
about
the rest of the questions I asked above? You avoided all of them.

I'm still trying to understand how you just happened to come to the
realization that none of the vaccines is 100% effective when their
efficacy
percentages were, and still are, in the news almost nonstop?

It does point out why this vaccine is far from the panacea we were
hoping for and why we will still be told to wear masks well into 2022
or even 23.

I don't know which planet you live on. Far from the panacea we were
hoping
for? You might need to flip the channel periodically or maybe read
more.
Who are the people who were hoping for a panacea?

The vaccine may help you from getting really sick, we are still
waiting to see how well that works but it is clear it doesn't keep you
from being infected or infecting others.

Again, no one has ever, ever, said that any of the vaccines are 100%
effective. Perhaps you've heard that but didn't understand what it
means.

We also don't know how long it will be until a variant overwhelms the
current vaccines.

You mean the situation is still evolving? Be still, my heart! You're
showing that you're really slow to pick up on what the experts have
been
saying for months. Try a different channel.

Yes you Democrats keep spinning up the company line but if people are
standing in line to vote in 2022 wearing masks they will be asking
"Didn't they say they were going to fix this ****"?

Considering the sweeping anti-voter law just passed in Georgia, how could
the folks there NOT be standing in longer lines at the next election?

Just one state.

At the moment, it's 253 bills in 43 states.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...licans-states/
Voting laws proposed by Republicans in 43 states would limit voter access

In 43 states across the country, Republican lawmakers have proposed at
least 250 laws that would limit mail, early in-person and Election Day
voting with such constraints as stricter ID requirements, limited hours or
narrower eligibility to vote absentee, according to data compiled as of
Feb. 19 by the nonpartisan Brennan Center for Justice. Even more proposals
have been introduced since then.

Like cancer, can spread. FL has had very goo mail voting for years but
there is a move to change what works.

Would not be surprised if the law end up in the courts.

I believe Georgia's law is already being challenged in the courts by Marc
Elias, the guy who won about 63 cases challenging Trump's claims of
election fraud, so he has a pretty good track record.