Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default Painting receptacles

On Sun, 28 Mar 2021 09:40:44 -0700 (PDT), Sid 03
wrote:

On Saturday, March 27, 2021 at 9:27:31 AM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 3/26/21 5:24 PM, Sid 03 wrote:
I have a project were I painted everything in a corner to be the same color.
We have a power-strip plugged in that corner and because it does not match the color, it sticks out like ....

I have been in many homes and apartments were the receptacles and wall-plates were painted to match the wall cover and/or covered w/wall-paper.
Some done well, some not !

Is there a problem or any risk of painting a power-strip to match the walls and/or woodwork ? (I would be sure that all the contacts were taped and covered and that no paint would make it back into the inner voids of the strip)

Thanks
Sid.

Use a brush- not a sprayer, protect the sockets too, then lock and load...

--
Criminals love gun control; it makes their job much, much safer.

Why not spray as long and I mask off all the conductors ?

A couple of my friends, two bothers, are painters and they always pull off
the receptacle covers and put them aside prior to painting. However, they
said if they were asked to paint the covers they'd still pull them off and
paint them separately, then reinstall. In that case, you could line them up
on a piece of cardboard and spray away.