Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default Five myths about poverty

On Sun, 28 Mar 2021 02:55:31 -0400, micky wrote:

Another personal comment. I accepted at least one applicable myth when
I was in college, and when I took a break and drove a cab for a year, I
would see this drivers at a cab stand, outside a downtown hotel, or a
longgg cab line at the airport, while I was cruising and finding fares.
And I wondered why they didn't do what I did. Did they like to relax in
sitting in their cabs. One I finally noticed that for most of these
guys, driving a cab was their second job. They can't work as hard as I
did, when it was my only job.

Speaking of driving a cab, isn't one of the first things you learn is how
to get to any of the local airports? I once took a cab from lower Manhattan
(NYC) to JFK airport and when I looked up we were cruising slowly through a
residential neighborhood somewhere in Queens. The driver was thoroughly
lost and asked to use my smartphone to get directions.