Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Washing machine controls

Bennett Price wrote:
On 3/23/2021 5:55 PM, bob prohaska wrote:
I'm faced with buying a new washing machine and very uneasy
about the electronic controls used today. Does anybody have
experience getting service information for popular brands
like LG, GE or Speed Queen? Dealers won't even talk about
service information and I couldn't find much of anything on
manufacturer's websites.

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska

In Service / Shop Manuals To service an old Kenmore top loader
that was completely dead, I searched for shop manuals as I wanted the
schematic. Was able to find one for $10. But I decided to first open
up the control panel and take a look.

Inside was a printed manual with schematic, timing diagrams, diagnostics
for some of the controls, etc. Additionally, in tiny print a schematic
was pasted to the inside rear of the control panel.

Turned out the wall socket, which I should have checked first, was dead
and the washing machine was fine.

Even if the fault was inside the unit, you'd likely be able to easily fix
the thing due to good documentation and parts supply.

I just looked at an LG electric oven service manual. It goes on and on
about all the places the solder connections will crack. It's sort of sad
actually. The guide is clearly written to satisfy quick and dirty warranty
repairs.