Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default Getting a new energy tariff - or not

In article , RJH
writes
On 26 Mar 2021 at 12:42:41 GMT, "Harry Bloomfield, Esq."
wrote:

It happens that Dave Plowman (News) formulated :
As opposed to privatized, where the incentive is to make the maximum
profit.

But against considerable competition vying for our custom, so the net
result is much cheaper for us. I think that is important.

I'm not convinced - it's ripe for cartels.

That's why we have various regulators. No-one these days believes in
laissez faire capitalism.
That said, my supplier (Yorkshire Energy) has just gone bust, which was of no
surprise to me as the prices were about 25% less than the nearest competitor.
I had relatively cheap fuel for a year, and I'm sure those managing it all did
OK too.

--
bert