Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default Painting receptacles

On 3/28/21 1:37 PM, Sid 03 wrote:
On Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 12:20:43 PM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 3/28/21 12:40 PM, Sid 03 wrote:
On Saturday, March 27, 2021 at 9:27:31 AM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 3/26/21 5:24 PM, Sid 03 wrote:
I have a project were I painted everything in a corner to be the same color.
We have a power-strip plugged in that corner and because it does not match the color, it sticks out like ....

I have been in many homes and apartments were the receptacles and wall-plates were painted to match the wall cover and/or covered w/wall-paper.
Some done well, some not !

Is there a problem or any risk of painting a power-strip to match the walls and/or woodwork ? (I would be sure that all the contacts were taped and covered and that no paint would make it back into the inner voids of the strip)

Thanks
Sid.

Use a brush- not a sprayer, protect the sockets too, then lock and load...

--
Criminals love gun control; it makes their job much, much safer.

Why not spray as long and I mask off all the conductors ?

Greater chance of an "oops".

--
Why is it that the people who want more government control over your
life are the same ones who want you to be disarmed?

Describe the oops ?
Worst case scenario: wipe all the paint off and start over or just buy a new one and start over ?

How ya' gonna' wipe the paint from inside the slots where the plug is
inserted? If you're careful with a brush, you save the trip/gas back to
the Home Depot to buy another receptacle ;-)

--
A mans rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the
cartridge box.