Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default RCDs and EICRs

On 28/03/2021 17:20, GB wrote:
On 28/03/2021 16:23, Robin wrote:
On 28/03/2021 16:02, ARW wrote:
I seem to be getting a lot of RCD failures when the RCD does not trip
with the test button of with the RCD tester.

But after manually turning the RCD off and back on it works within spec.

So give yours a test. It could save you from a belt.

I am not a fan of extra regulation without cost-benefit assessment but
that seems a strong case to at least explore with stakeholders
requiring landlords to give tenants advice/instruction to test RCD(s)
every 3 months.Â* Could be added on to the requirement to give them a
copy of the EICR.

Adam is suggesting that all householders should do this, so why should
tenants need special advice?

Possibly because they do not do any electrical DIY!

But seriously I am suggesting that any readers of this post actually try
their RCD test button if they have not done so for years.

--
Adam