Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car battery.

In article ,
Adrian Caspersz wrote:

So chose a supplier I've heard of on Ebay, at £80 with free carriage.

How long will delivery take?

Says 48 hours. I expect it Tuesday, this being the weekend.

Problem is, when my car battery is diagnosed as failed, It's an
emergency purchase at Halfords. Nothing else "delivers" faster.

It's not so urgent not being my everyday car. But Halfords don't seem to
list a suitable battery. And I'm not going to pay double at ECP for the
sake of a couple of days.

A bit like all my trips to B&Q.

Couriers, "this way up" and lead acid batteries, sounds like a good
recipe for burns & tears ...

At one time they sent the acid in a separate bottle and you filled it
yourself. I assume a modern battery is spill proof enough to take the
journey.

-

--
*I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.