Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default De-soldering copper pipe

In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
As part of my insane quest to overcomplicate my CH system I need to
remove a 22mm right angled soldered fitting to fit a compression one
instead.

To complicate matters there‘s another soldered fitting just over an inch
away that I really don‘t want to disturb (so may end up packing it in
ice).

If you're using a sensible blow lamp, it won't disturb a nearby fitting.
But a spare tile makes a decent free heat shield.

Any tips on how to cleanly remove solder to eliminate the risk of my
olive not seating/sealing properly?

Wipe it with a damp cloth while hot enough for the solder to flow. After
that wire wool if the olive won't fit.

--
*Why is a boxing ring square?

Dave Plowman London SW