Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default fog lights

Steve Walker wrote:

I remember, back in the days of Ford Sierras, some had combined
tail/brake lights and separate foglights and some had combined
tail/foglights and separate brake lights. They were exactly the same,
except for how they were wired. I always thought that the latter
arrangement was better - two lights on and another, unlit pair,
illuminating brightly when you braked, rather than one pair lit and
brightening when braking, while a second bright pair was already lit.

Indeed, when I built my trailer, I wired it that way, even though the
wiring diagram and wire colours for the lights suggested the first option.

Agreed.

On the subject of trailers, why are they allowed to disguise the
mandatory reflective triangle in a trendy light cluster, so that
it is often impossible to distinguish it in daylight?

I can accept that it may be more important at night, but not to
the extent that it can be invisible otherwise.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1