Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default De-soldering copper pipe

I really don't think something that close will be able to be cleaned and not
affect the next one if you get my drift. The copper will need to be hot to
clean it, but in the end it might all be better to replace rather than
expect a pipe that has been soldered to seal in a compression fitting.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tim+" wrote in message
As part of my insane quest to overcomplicate my CH system I need to remove
a 22mm right angled soldered fitting to fit a compression one instead.

To complicate matters there's another soldered fitting just over an inch
away that I really don't want to disturb (so may end up packing it in
ice).

Any tips on how to cleanly remove solder to eliminate the risk of my olive
not seating/sealing properly?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls