Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default How long does it take a microwave oven to warm up?

wrote in message
news
On Sun, 28 Mar 2021 04:57:21 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

" wrote in message
On Friday, March 26, 2021 at 1:32:41 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 02:36:14 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Friday, March 26, 2021 at 12:42:43 AM UTC-4, wrote:

My wife makes oatmeal in the microwave but that is just boiling
water.

Are you talking about instant oatmeal?
I suppose. The stuff in the little envelope.

That is instant oatmeal, which is pre-cooked.

I don't really eat
oatmeal except in cookies and that is old style Quaker Oats blended.
The "instant" is still is a 2-3 minute thing so I assumed that was
what you were talking about.

No. The quick oats where the cylindrical box says "1 minute".
It requires a full minute of boiling to cook.

Same with rice. Instant might be OK in the MW. You just boil the water
and add the rice, let it sit.
Real rice takes 45 minutes to an hour simmering to cook, no matter how
you do it so I am not sure what the microwave buys you.

???? It takes 20 minutes. White rice.

Only 12 in the microwave.

Brown does take longer.

But never 45 minutes. He is completely off with the ****ing fairys, as
always.

https://www.allrecipes.com/article/how-to-cook-rice/

How to Cook Brown Rice on the Stove

Brown rice still retains the bran and germ, so you need to use more
water and a longer cooking time than for white rice. Basic recipe:
Rinse one cup of rice in a strainer and put into a pot with 2 cups of
water. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer on very
low heat for 45 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes before
serving. Get more recipes for brown rice

The directions on the bag say pretty much the same thing.

Doesn't take that long in a microwave, stupid.

Yeah what the **** do they know.