Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] is offline

Default Car battery.

It happens that Dave Plowman (News) formulated :
The existing is a Bosch S4 027. Which by spec and dimensions is an 072.

Googling for that shows prices from just under £80 to near £200.

EuroCarParts and their off shoot uncompetitive. I could have collected
from them.

So chose a supplier I've heard of on Ebay, at £80 with free carriage.

Is it a Rover 75?

It will take a slightly taller and higher capacity battery than is
usually suggested for the 75, this Varta Silver 77aH from Tanya will
fit perfectly...

https://www.tayna.co.uk/E44-Varta-Si...078-P7726.html

Top spec., 5 year and only £79.50 delivered, usually next day.