Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default De-soldering copper pipe

On 27/03/2021 19:04, Tim+ wrote:
As part of my insane quest to overcomplicate my CH system I need to remove
a 22mm right angled soldered fitting to fit a compression one instead.

To complicate matters theres another soldered fitting just over an inch
away that I really dont want to disturb (so may end up packing it in ice).

Any tips on how to cleanly remove solder to eliminate the risk of my olive
not seating/sealing properly?

Tim

Why not take the copper pipe out of the fitting 1 inch away, and then
replace it with a new bit? The other end of the new bit will work well
with a compression fitting.

It is important that there is no water anywhere near a soldered fitting
that you want to get apart.

--
Michael Chare