Don Klipstein

Default OT - Building a ball and chain

In article , zxcvbob wrote:
Bob wrote:

Ok, had to post this anon so hopefully the groom will never find it.

What is the best compound to use, liquid nails, epoxy, quickcrete?

Bondo, or properly mixed epoxy, or you might try melting some sulfur and
pouring it in the hole.

I've used bondo before, and I doubt it's strong enough for this job.
But I believe epoxy is.

I think sulfur can be rather weak and/or brittle, and it is combustible,
and produces flammable vapors at some temperatures when melted. Also,
some metals may spontaneously ignite in molten sulfur. Not that I think
any screws will get burned up, but a mess of burning molten sulfur can be
a big problem. Keep in mind that sulfur, like methanol, burns with a dim
blue flame that may be invisible in bright light. Sometimes a sulfur
flame is visible from brownish sulfur vapors being visible, but don't
count on that.

Instead of using the finger hole, you might try drilling a new hole just
the right size for an eye bolt with a 5" or 6" lag screw.

- Don Klipstein )