Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Getting a new energy tariff - or not

In article ,
Scott wrote:
My monthly DD is based on my use the previous month. Meters are read
monthly. And I can check on my account whether there is any long term
discrepancy.

That is just as good - possibly better from the budgeting point of
view. I think the criticism is where suppliers estimate a whole year
and set an average, which is typically higher than the actual usage,
leaving a credit at the year end.

I leave it all to Flipper. But have noticed that once a fixed monthly DD
was common, but the last couple of changes have gone to variable.

Everything being equal, paying as soon as possible for what you use should
give you the best deal. And a fixed monthly payment would mean you'll be
in credit some parts of the year and in debit at others. Or lending the
supplier money. Neither of which make it the best deal.

--
*Women like silent men; they think they're listening.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.