Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S[_2_] R D S[_2_] is offline

Default Cement setting times in current weather

On 27/03/2021 09:45, alan_m wrote:
On 26/03/2021 11:58, R D S wrote:
On 20/03/2021 18:59, Chris Green wrote:

Two to three days seems a reasonable guess but is that for warmer
times?

I rendered our yard wall yesterday afternoon, in that i've shuttered
it and poured about 2 inch of concrete between the board and the wall.

Wondering when I should remove the boards...
As soon as it's starting to stiffen, so it 'dries out' exposed and
evenly or is it best covered for longer?

Any opinions from the group?

As long as it wont fall off makes sod all difference

Isn't that the problem - determining when its strong enough not to fall
off?Â* Leaving a quarter bucket of left over 4:1 mix in a pile recently
in the cold probably suggests a MINIMUMÂ* of 48 hours and more like twice
that before I would be confident enough to start banging around it to
get shuttering off.

Well, because i'm highly impatient and somewhat reckless I took it off
yesterday afternoon and it was OK, it had been in place just under 24 hrs.