Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Improving loft space

On 27/03/2021 09:45, ss wrote:

go on take a chance and weaken your roof but you will probably get
away with it...I have seen people remove loads of elements even from a
flimsy gang nail truss and get away with it.....just move the oxters
down a bit make them vertical and form a smaller triangle.....

Also be careful of selling in the future as a surveyor could condemn the
work and put potential purchasers off, or prevent someone getting a
mortgage on the property.

Well if he doesn't get a building warrany which he obviously has no
intention of getting...yes.....lost count of the number of £200 letter
of comfort fees I collected for the kooncil doing these....some I
accepted some I asked for an engineers report...amazing what an engineer
will accept though...I had one where only the rafter and ceiling joists
were left and the engineer said very light storage only....still waiting
for that one to take off in a strong wind...tee hee