Gary

Default Home Inspection Rates

Your paying what 200-300K for the house and worrying about a few hundred dollars?

(Simak) wrote in message om...
Hello,

We are in the process of buying a home and are at the home inspection
stage. I called quite a few companies in the Massachusetts area and
got various quotes from various companies.

One particular company that we are interested in(got a referral from a
friend) gave us the following estimate.

Basic home inspection(for a 10year old, 2200+ colonial 4/2.5/2garage):
275$
Radon Testing: 80$
Well water testing: (Qualitative and quantitative): 230$
(The house we are looking to buy has a private well).

What do you folks here at misc.consumers think about these rates? Are
they too high? Is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks a lot in advance.
-simak