Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default How long does it take a microwave oven to warm up?

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 13:32:11 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 02:36:14 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Friday, March 26, 2021 at 12:42:43 AM UTC-4, wrote:

My wife makes oatmeal in the microwave but that is just boiling water.

Are you talking about instant oatmeal?

I suppose. The stuff in the little envelope. I don't really eat
oatmeal except in cookies and that is old style Quaker Oats blended.
The "instant" is still is a 2-3 minute thing so I assumed that was
what you were talking about.
Same with rice. Instant might be OK in the MW. You just boil the water
and add the rice, let it sit.
Real rice takes 45 minutes to an hour simmering to cook, no matter how
you do it so I am not sure what the microwave buys you. It might make
sense if you were in a hotel or dorm room and that was all you had but
just because there is a hammer in the kitchen, everything is not a
nail.

Who cooks rice on a stove? Are you some kind of Neanderthal? Get a rice
cooker already. Billions of Asians can't be wrong.

I prefer the right tool for the job and I am not afraid of the stove.

What were you saying about the right tool for the job?