Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Drill press aggravation fixed

On Friday, March 26, 2021 at 10:20:37 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 3/25/2021 8:37 PM, wrote:
Snip

Dust collection. On the DP, that is tough but I believe, Scott Lurndal
bought an accordion like tube that fits around the quill and bit and
attaches to a vac. Sorry Scott if you were not the guy. ;~)

I've looked at things like the below but haven't found that DPs are
that messy. I would like dust collection for the DP when I drill
metal. I don't wand those shavings getting into my woodworking.

Sorry:
https://www.ptreeusa.com/dust_drill_press.html

Here we go, this is the quill mounted DC attachment. It is called the
Drillnado.

https://www.infinitytools.com/drilln...kaAis6EALw_wcB

This guy is not overly thrilled, but gives it a passing grade:

https://youtu.be/pXVVBq29agk

In my case, I have less than an inch between the top of my keyless chuck
and the head. It looks like the clamp portion that mounts on quill is taller
than 1". I think that means that the quill will never fully return home. I don't
know if that will be an issue, other than losing a small amount of drilling depth.