Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT: Strange Neighbor-Behavior

wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 09:35:19 -0400, Wade Garrett
wrote:

Some new people moved in across the street and have several late model
luxury cars and SUVs.

They're pretty standoffish or I'd ask them why when they arrive home,
they sit in their vehicles for several minutes, engine running, foot on
brake before shutting down engine and getting out.

And when departing, they get in the car, start it up, then sit there for
several minutes with foot on brake before driving off.

Back in the day, you needed to pull the choke out when starting and let
the car warm up for a minute before driving- but none of them are old
enough to even have been born back when that was required...

So que pasa?

Maybe some trait handed down from grandpa or it might just be screwing
with their electronics.
I agree these days none of that "Model T" stuff is necessary. As soon
as the oil pressure stabilizes I am gone.
When I stop, I turn off the key unbuckle my belt and get out in one
fast motion. It seems to surprise people that I am out and walking so
fast.
I suppose you do know you are supposed to get in the habit of
unbuckling your belt with the left hand? (Right hand for Rod)
Slip your hand under the belt and lift it free with the back of your
hand.
At the Piggly Wiggly it doesn't matter but if your car was under water
it might be the extra few seconds that save your life. You won't get
tangled up in the belt.

It takes a lot more than a few seconds for a modern
car to fill with water when its under water. And it isnt
under water until its full of water anyway.