Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default Fixing Loose Handle on Cuisinart Round Waffle Maker

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 19:23:16 -0400, Wade Garrett posted for all of us to
digest...

On 3/25/21 4:01 PM, Stevenr wrote:
Is there a video showing how to do this? I can't find or it's not
obvious to me where the locking tabs are.

Steven, I'm the OP on that fix.

I did not make a video- but if you follow the clear, detailed
instructions, your waffle maker will be good as new.

You may be reading an edited/corrupted version of the OP. Here it is
again below- and the location of the locking tabs is just as described.
They're there, you just need a thin enough narrow putty knife. The Home
Depot is your friend ;-)

RE-POST FOLLOWS:

W Wade Garrett
posted on October 15, 2017, 6:57 pm

The handle on the upper half of my Cuisinart round waffle maker (Model
WMR-CA) loosened up and was about falling off- which would put the
appliance out of commission. It wasn't obvious how to tighten it but I
figured I'd find a quick how-to on YouTube (zip!)....and the only two
written solutions I found on "fixit" sites were both wrong.

Here's how: To get at the two screws that hold the handle to the
stainless steel lid cover, you have to remove the cover from the unit.
This requires first removing the black plastic trim piece at the rear
hinge side of the top cover.

The trim piece is held on by two plastic locking tabs at the rear (hinge
side) and two slip-in Z-shaped tabs on the from (toward center of lid).

Work a small thin putty knife under the rear (hinge side) of the trim
piece, locate the locking tabs then push them- using the putty knife or
a small screw driver- toward the center of the lid freeing their snap
lock hold. Lever up the rear of the plastic trim piece, tip it up
further and lift it out of the front tabs.

Remove the single screw holding the steel cover to the unit and lift it
off. Tighten the two screws holding the handle and reassemble in reverse
order.

If you're ham-handed like me, you'll probably put a few scratches on the
stainless steel lid but hey, it's Waffle Time again!

Better archive that for future use, just sayin...

--
Tekkie