Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default How long does it take a microwave oven to warm up?

wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 02:36:14 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Friday, March 26, 2021 at 12:42:43 AM UTC-4, wrote:

My wife makes oatmeal in the microwave but that is just boiling water.

Are you talking about instant oatmeal?

I suppose. The stuff in the little envelope.

So you werent talking about real oatmeal so you ****ed up again.

I don't really eat oatmeal except in cookies and that is old style
Quaker Oats blended. The "instant" is still is a 2-3 minute thing
so I assumed that was what you were talking about.

Same with rice. Instant might be OK in the MW.
You just boil the water and add the rice, let it sit.

Real rice takes 45 minutes to an hour simmering
to cook, no matter how you do it

That's complete and utter bull****.

so I am not sure what the microwave buys you.

12 mins in the microwave, 2 mins on high, 10 mins on med low.

It might make sense if you were in a hotel or dorm
room and that was all you had but just because there
is a hammer in the kitchen, everything is not a nail.

If fact its much better in the microwave because you
just weigh out the rice and water, put it in one of the
lidded rigid containers, program the multi program
microwave. No watching it at all required like you
have to with rice in a saucepan. Once the microwave
beeps, add the curry to the container it was cooked
in and eat it right out of the container with a splayd.

I prefer the right tool for the job

And that's what a microwave is with rice and oatmeal.

and I am not afraid of the stove.

More mindlessly stupid language, your trademark.