Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Getting a new energy tariff - or not

On 26/03/2021 15:31, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 26/03/2021 15:17, Andrew wrote:
On 25/03/2021 16:20, Jeff Layman wrote:
I thought I should finally make an effort to change from an EDF standard
variable dual-fuel tariff to a fixed EDF one.

Hmmm. How much is your electricity tariff now ?.

17.81p/kWh. S/C is 27.5p/d. Will rise to 19.84 and 28.64 on 1 April,
which is why I'm looking at a fixed tariff now.

So am I. EDF sent me an email stating that prices would be
going up in april and it is all Ofgems 'fault'.

I am seriously considering Octopus Agile because I can easily
shift usage away from 16:00 to 19:00, but needs a dreaded
smart meter.