Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Noisy manhole covers?

In article ,
Mathew Newton wrote:
On Friday, 26 March 2021 at 07:20:51 UTC, Mike Halmarack wrote:

Rush hour's a torment when you've got one of these seveal feet away.
I tried several things: pouring sand between the frame and the lid,
which worked for a while, expanding foam with similar effect.
In the end it had to be a replacement.

I've noticed that all the manhole covers on our 'new' (2007) estate are
made up of two triangles, presumably as each piece is unable to rock
regardless how ill fitting they might be/become. That or some health and
safety requirement to minimise weight for lifting them out.

I'd that thought the second reason. I spotted on Wickes webiste that a 2.1m
lenght of architrave needs 2 persons to take it to the door, so cannot be
made available for click & collect under the current social distancing
requirements.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England