Gold Lexus

Default Short Sale OR Don't Short Sale????

Rent was all set up thru' escrow. It was originally to be for only a couple
of weeks. Since closing was to be 'anytime' we were adviced to leave the
rent to closing.
Our rent is $1,000 a month not $2,000. We are buying our dream house but not
a mansion
I agree it is all really odd but apparently not to our Escrow agent. She has
dealt with sitautions similar to ours admittedly not that often but she's
seen it.
The fact that there is now 'chatter' between escrow and the bank handling
the lien is a good sign of closing actually happening in the next 30 days.

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
"Gold Lexus" wrote in message
hlink.net...
You could've paid their rent in March, April, May... Weren't you

living
rent-free at this point?

NO we weren't. We sold in April... We moved in in May, we are

responsible
for 1 week in May, all of June, July and Aug. all of which will be

taken
care of at closing.

The whole thing sounds pretty odd to me, but regardless I have to wonder
why you don't pay the rent as you go, instead of rolling it into the
closing?
At about $2000/month (guessing), that's $6000 towards the $10,000 they
need.

--Neil

---