Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default diy smart multiway trailing socket.

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 23:22:51 +0000, Fredxx
wrote:

snip

And a request to explain why you might need persistence beyond the
initial setup.

snip troll ****e

Bwhahaha .... you wouldn't listen / understand / concede if I did so
why would I bother to do that?

I'm all ears,

Makes a change from being all **** I guess. ;-)

I may or may not understand.

No, even you should be able to understand (and I'm not sure why you
haven't got it yet tbh)?

Basically it's a Home Automation system running on a Raspberry Pi
where 'logging' of events is very much part of the requirement for
many. You can see the long term history of any sensors you have,
switches you control or activity in or around the home from PIR's etc.
To have any of that the *default* setting is logging on.

But if you don't know why
then please simply admit it

See how much of a **** you look again, given how 'simple' the *need*
for persistence in the FS is the default / normal option?

and put everyone out of their misery rather
than this endless procrastination.

Again, it's really interesting when trying to see things though your
eyes. When you really don't have a true grasp of what's going on with
other people, what they might actually know or think. Your questions,
actions, assumptions and responses are often very naive, childlike in
fact.

But here is one of hundreds of answers to another of your accusations
that you could have easily looked up yourself Google boy.

https://sentientmedia.org/how-many-a...ood-every-day/

So not trillions then, like you claimed.

Erm, I'm not sure any issues you have with reading, comprehension or
attention didn't get you as far as the second paragraph but I see it
says:

"Anywhere between 37 and 120 billion fish are killed on commercial
farms each year, with *another trillion* fish caught and killed in the
wild."

Are you going to apologise for
your mistake?

See, unlike you and your very black and white insistence that running
HA non persistent would be a viable solution for my HA installation
that *demands* persistence, the 'spirit' of the number of animals
being slaughtered by humans every day being 900 Billion or 1 or 2
Trillion is really irrelevant, especially if you are one of the
innocent creatures included in that count.

You were trying to *tell* me what I should do.

I was *informing* you what sort of number of animals are killed every
year by humans, a figure I had no personal way of verifying so quoted
as a general number taken from various sources.

I don't suppose you can see the difference between those two things
eh?

Except you aren't actually interested in my answer to that are you, it
will be just another thing for you to try to argue about.

No argument.

You are funny.

I actually think we should and try to cut down on our meat
consumption,

You would only be going along with the vast majority of expert advice
if you did.

but when you come over the way you do as a fanatic,

Again, some people who had brains wired differently to yours might see
what you call 'fanatic' as being 'passionate' for the many many
(there, if I don't put a number in there you won't be able to try to
distract the point with more strawmen) innocent and sentient animals
who are subjected to unnecessary (because we don't *need* to exploit,
and kill, in many cases) treatment.

you
become an ugly advert for veganism.

Only because you personally can't 1) understand my passion and 2)
won't be 'told' that you can't eat meat or cause all sorts of animal
suffering with animal based products that we don't eat.

And a great incentive to eat meat.

Only to a child having a tantrum.

Now, where is that apology you promised everyone you would give?

I thought I have apologised profusely enough.

Of course you did, because (again) your stubborn arrogance that won't
allow you to see or accept that your solution was completely and
utterly irrelevant for the typical use of HA on a RPI, and that was
because you *say* you *assumed* I was talking about RPi's in other
roles when it was *perfectly clear to everyone else* that I wasn't.

What have I done now?

Nothing it seems as I'm still waiting for your straight, honest and
unconditional apology for all the crap you have given me and accused
me of re my statement that an issue with running RPi's (as HA hosts,
as that was clearly the topic) long term can occur because of the
reliability of uSD cards, something that wouldn't be an issue (for the
same ease of use, fully supported, energy consumed, price and
performance) if run on an Odroid or even second user NUC.

I was right, you were wrong (for so many reasons) and you promised all
of us you 'would apologise' if you got something wrong.

And that's it. You won't get banned from Usenet or fined, you just
have to do what *you* volunteered to everyone or you are no better
than all those you accuse of abusing others?

Cheers, T i m