Posted to alt.home.repair
SNAG SNAG is offline

Default The tale of gas cans continues:

On 3/26/2021 12:36 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 20:08:49 -0500, Snag wrote:

On 3/24/2021 7:33 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 15:03:55 -0500, Snag wrote:

On 3/24/2021 1:33 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 08:19:34 -0500, Snag wrote:

On 3/23/2021 9:20 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/23/2021 10:09 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 14:38:07 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

I bought a new plastic gas can last fall.Â* I gave my daughter my
tractor and gas can, and needed a new can for my push mower.

It's got a spout, and a little lever you hold down and press the lip
against the edge, and it works fine.Â* It was easy and I didn't spill.

They've obviously improved.Â* The last time I used one of those I gave
up and got my funnel.

Best of all, I found a gas station that sells ethanol free gas.Â* I
put a good bit of work into repairing that push mower and want to try
to keep it going.

If I get my gas string trimmer working this summer I may just buy the
premix.Â* For the small amount I use, mixing oil isn't worth the hassle.

I have said this before but go to a pharmacy and get a 10cc syringe.
It makes mixing gas by the tank easy. Figure out how much the tank
holds in ML and do a little math. I wrote the number on the machines
with a sharpie.

You make it sound easy but not everyone has a Sharpie.

Since all my 2 strokes are Stihl (except one 45 yr old Homelite
chainsaw) I buy their premeasured bottles . 12.8 oz per 5 gallons , I
use a 2.5 gal container and half a bottle . I also mix my gas (87 oct
reg and 92 oct premium , both non-ethanol) 50/50 since Stihl recommends
89 or better .

I burn enough gas in my boat that it doesn't get stale so I still buy
E-10 and mix as I go for yard equipment that doesn't get used nearly
as much. My chain saw has a half liter tank so a 10cc shot of oil is
perfect for it. (50:1) My Remington 2700 weed eater has a slightly
smaller tank (414ml), uses 40:1 and it gets 10 CC too. Close enough.

Hey , whatever works for you . I use enough that it would be a PITA
to mix it a tank at a time .

Not so much here. I seldom use a whole tank of gas in either of them.
I end up pouring the excess in the mower and running the little
machine dry.

Not so much with the line trimmer , but I quite often go thru over a
tank of gas in the saws .

If I am cleaning up after a hurricane or clearing out the canal I
might burn a gallon of gas but usually it is just a few limbs.
Sometime I just use my electric (taken off the pole saw) but my
"Husqvarna" doesn't screw around. It gets the job done a lot faster.

Husky makes a damn fine saw ! I think the major difference between
our use is that I cut several cords each year to heat my home .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.