Dave C.

Default Which cables do I use to wire for cable tv & high speed internet?

"Jim Kent" wrote in message 18/1 ??? eh?

Cabling should be "home-run". That is, run a separate cable from each
outlet to a central wiring point. That gives you maximujm flexibility
for a very small extra cost in cable materials.

For Ethernet,, run CAT5e to the central point. For RF cabling, use a
quality RG6 with crimped-on connectors.

Same thing applies to POTS phone wiring.

It's not all that difficult.

He might need more details. The cable TV should obviously be an RG6 line.
The Internet Access should (if done right) be CAT5e, as you suggested. But,
that would assume that there is a broadband sharing router attached to a
cable modem, and that both exist before the extension is built. If not,
then the OP needs a router, also. He might also need a different cable
modem, if his current cable modem is NOT ethernet type. (so it will work
with the router)

Me, I'd probably run two lines of RG6 AND two lines of CAT5e. While the
walls are still open, this will be easy and cheap. Plan for the future.
Never know when those extra lines might come in handy. -Dave