HA HA Budys Here

Default Audio Wiring Estimate

From: louis spammenot.com

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 00:07:09 -0400, Fiber Optic wrote:

A contractor is quoting me $100 per location for running 16 gauge audio
wiring in my new home which is being built by the main contractor. A
"location" is basically a single room, with two speaker locations, a
volume control location, and wiring all locations to one central location.

Only the wiring is included, not the volume control knobs.

I have 12 locations which turns out to be $1200.

Does this sound reasonable?

I need to ask the contractor if conduit can be installed as well for
future wiring changes/updates. I'm hoping this does not affect the cost
too much.

Any help appreciated.
Chris

What did you expect per room? 25.00?
2 speaker locations, volume control, wire and a homerun to a central location
for 100.00 is a bargain. Holes drilled, wire provided, volume control box
installed.

got bored with all the bs on this. Simple on house under construction
$100 per room for 16 gage wire = bend over and grin.

Use standard 12 gage Use fused lpads at all outlets for individual
sound leveling use high efficiency drivers be sure to wire
speakers in series & parallel so as to present 8 ohm load to amp.

wires and lpads should cost no more than $ 30 per room for materials.

just do a bit of reading at tech audio sites such as

http://sound.westhost.com/index.html

and others

uriah