Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Fusebox burn out.

On 25/03/2021 11:46, Andy Burns wrote:

GB wrote:

I'm interested to know whether electricians routinely use torque
screwdrivers, or just rely on experience?

Judging by those who put their jobs on youtube, it's now quite common,
and CUs etc include required torque settings.

Whether the old hands bother or "know better" ...

They're not cheap.

Given the way motor mechanics now regularly use torque wrenches on
anything critical I suspect there will be creep towards electricians
using them.

As I said earlier, if you are seen to use one regularly then it does
reduce some aspects of liability and litigation.

It also helps calibrate the wrist, I for one have no idea how much I
tighten screws. I tend to nip up the screw on the cable and end at some
point when I feel failure is likely or where the blade will slip out of
the screw.