Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Fusebox burn out.

On 24 Mar 2021 at 21:57:02 GMT, "Steve Walker"
wrote:

On 24/03/2021 19:43, Andy Burns wrote:
Tim+ wrote:
This is the fuse box of a chap on Facebook who had a nasty experience
after
getting an 7kW EV charger fitted.

I dont know enough to speculate on the cause but it there anything
glaringly wrong here.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/shar...9HHYn227WF3V0A

118A of MCBs on a 80A RCD, but I doubt all the circuits would be fully
loaded for long, are the righthand 32A MCBs both rings?

Assume the EV charger is on the leftmost MCB?Â* Looks more as though the
terminals onto the live busbar weren't properly tight ...

Just looking at the discolouration, I'd say the the terminal on the RCD
was definitely loose. The others may have been or it may have been heat
transferred along the busbar, from the RCD terminal.

Could the busbar be the wrong side of the terminal in the RCD, or can't you do
that with modern kit?

--
Roger Hayter