Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Fusebox burn out.

Andy Burns wrote:
Fredxx wrote:

It's not obvious if he's used 4mm cable?

In the leftmost MCB it does look fatter than the 2.5s on the ring circuits.
more
A few things which although not "wrong" do look like "my mate fitted it"
standard.

1) why fit a shower/cooker isolator for an EV charger?

I suppose there might come a time when you need to connect an external cable
run to an internal cable run, and an isolator seems like a useful thing to
have. I'm half tempted to put one in in advance of getting an EV, as it
means I can install a tidy internal cable run when doing other works.
Roughly like a FCU but with a bigger switch (and no fuse).
(and then go through the wall to a SWA termination box on the other side)

Something like:
https://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/prod...e-rocker-white
hopefully wouldn't look like too much of a bodge?
(LGA Selectric have a similar one)

3) what's the extra black cable that's tyrap'ed to the flex? A lead to
a current monitoring transformer?

Possibly ethernet backhaul for a smart charger?

But mainly

4) it's managed to overhead terminals in both the CU and switch, most
likely due to loose connections.

Yep, that's what my money is on.

Theo