Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Best hollow-wall fixings through tiles?

In article ,
Bert Coules wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I fitted a vertical one to my shower cubical
fixed into a stud. In
practice, it's OK to use.

In this particular instance that would be possible only on one side of
the enclosure, since the other is half height and topped with glass.

For me, mainly to hang on to while washing one foot at a time.

I think that's exactly the sort of use envisaged: an aid to balance
rather than a quick-grab resort in the event of a possible fall.

Quite - if pretty tottery, a walk in bath would make more sense. Although
a seat in the shower might help too.

My enclosure is quite wide, so a grab rail on the back wall under the
shower head the best compromise.

--
*If you don't pay your exorcist you get repossessed.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.