Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Fusebox burn out.

On 24/03/2021 18:07, Tim+ wrote:
ARW wrote:
On 24/03/2021 17:17, Tim+ wrote:
This is the fuse box of a chap on Facebook who had a nasty experience after
getting an 7kW EV charger fitted.

I dont know enough to speculate on the cause but it there anything
glaringly wrong here.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/shar...9HHYn227WF3V0A

Tim

Loose connections.

Cheers. Is there anything wrong with the positioning of the MCB as
suggested by Adrian?

Actually I don't know. I'm not an electrician, just a fool in an
armchair posting on the interwebs.

For interest what max current are busbars made to handle in a 100A
consumer split load unit? That figure, or less?

I'm now aware of electricians using torque setting screwdrivers to
tighten fusebox screws. Some time ago I had reinstalled a pull cord
shower isolator switch (after the builders insecurely screwed it to some
laths in the plaster that couldn't take the cord itself being yanked)
and saw the terminals had been damaged from heat. I didn't twig anything
about lack of screw tightness being the cause.

As my fusebox is some rewirable fuse relic from the distant seventies
(shower on an ancillary) .... erm, I need to see about all getting
replaced sometime.

--
Adrian C