Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Fusebox burn out.

On 24/03/2021 18:07, Tim+ wrote:
Also, is that burnt out isolator switch suitable for a 7kW load over 8
hrs
say (as might occur when car charging)?

I doubt it.

It doesn't look 30A capable - you need at least 25A for 7Kw

The one in the photo has Omega markings and looks like this:
https://rpp.uk.com/product/45a-double-pole-switches/

It has a 45A rating, and unless you can convince me otherwise it will be
continuously rated.

That's a cooker switch or better, and cooker switches don't have to meet
continuous load.

Can you provide a cite for this? It's not what I would expect. I could
of course be wrong.

Id go for a more industrial thing

https://www.screwfix.com/p/british-g...itch-63a/8536r

and underrate it like fanny.

Looks OTT to me and intended for 3-phase and neutral, but YMMV.