Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Conventional oil hard to find?

On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 16:27:30 -0400, Tekkie©
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 19:03:08 -0400, posted for all of us to
digest...

On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 23:20:33 +0530, mike
wrote:

Kids are on spring break so I changed their oil & filters.

Bought Costco oil but to my surprise they no longer sell dino juice.
Bought Mobil 1 oil filters at Walmart but they also had no dino juice.
Went to O'Reillys but their conventional was more expensive than synthetic.

I had Costco look up who had conventional oil and it turns out they
discounted their last cases of Chevron 10W30 SN & 10W40 SN conventional oils
to $9.97/10 quarts more than a year ago and haven't sold any conventional
motor oils since then at any Costco in my area.

Huh?
Since when is conventional oil hard to find in bulk?
Is this a new thing?

I'm not complaining or even asking whether the $25/10 quarts Kirkland fully
synthetic 5W30 SP oil is good or not as I know all about synthetic oil
advantages & disadvantages over conventional gasoline engine motor oils.

I'm just asking if you've also found it hard to find conventional oil by the
case at good prices (which means at your local Costco or department store)?

Rural King still had it the last time I was there and it is cheaper
than all of those places. .

http://www.ruralkingsupply.com/produ...t2=15&cat3=102

Harvest King oil... Well, I be gol danged. Does it have fiber?

Oil is oil. I understand Citgo makes their oil.