Posted to uk.d-i-y
JNugent[_7_] JNugent[_7_] is offline

Default Side road resurfacing

On 19/03/2021 01:08 pm, jon wrote:

On Fri, 19 Mar 2021 13:02:12 +0000, Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:

Originally concrete slab, later tarmaced. They are resurfacing and have
scrapped up the tarmac down to concrete - how long do they normally
leave it, before returning to retarmac?

It's been two weeks now.

They could leave it, we have some concrete roads around here.

I used to live in a road (a cul de sac) with a mini-M1 type concrete
slabs surface. It looked fabulous.

Then a statutory authority dug a trench right along one side and
re-surfaced with tarmac. The result was absolutely *hideous*.

Following our complaints, the council eventually got them to come back
(or send someone who knew what they were doing) to reinstate the surface
of the trench with concrete as similar to the original as possible. It
looked better than the asphalt patch.