Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default ?Q?Re=3A_Fake_News_CNN_Headline_Distorts_Powell=E 2=80=99s_Libel?=?Q?_Defense?=

On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 10:27:51 PM UTC-4, Maskless Sociopath wrote:
https://thenewamerican.com/fake-news...libel-defense/

"Actually the Powell defense filing makes a number of legal arguments, including the claim that reasonable people would not assume that the allegedly libelous statements are fact, but instead conclusions or opinions Powell has drawn based upon her reading of the evidence. Unfortunately, this argument is missed by someone who simply reads the CNN headline, leaving the reader with the false impression that Powell made statements that she knew to be untrue."

The problem there is that Dominion is going to show that no reasonable person would
have used what this dingbat calls "evidence" to reach any conclusion that they then
used to smear Dominion. And she did put forth specific "facts", for example alleging
that the voting machines were rigged. We're all still waiting for any evidence to support
it. And if the only evidence is some other dingbat alleging it, well then I say that's no
defense. Suppose I heard someone claim that my neighbor is a child molester.
So I hold press conferences, put it up on the internet, call the police and child protective
services. It turns out it's not true. I can claim as my defense I was just expressing an
opinion? I don't think so.

As the actual filing in Powells defense stated, €śAnalyzed under these factors, and even assuming, arguendo, that each of the statements alleged in the Complaint could be proved true or false, no reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact.€ť In other words, Powell formed an opinion after reviewing the evidence, and then expressed that opinion.

That's BS, because Powell cited many specific examples of what she alleged Dominion
and others were doing in a vast web of conspiracy. Not once did she say, I think this
might be true, it's just my opinion. She put it forth as fact.

And note the big story here. Which is there is no story of Powell putting forth the best
defense to defamation allegations, which is to simply show the evidence that what she
claimed is true. That's exactly what I predicted, that the defense would be all legal
maneuvers, trying to weasel away, instead of putting for the evidence for her claims.
They can't put forth the evidence, because there is no credible evidence as we've seen
in court after court. Same will be coming from Rudy and Lindell. I hope they all wind up
bankrupt and disbarred. And if that happens, the Trumpets will just move on to claiming
that it's another corrupt court, etc.