Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default System Maintenance Notification in Win 10

This one was EDF's fault though, a momentary power failure that switched
my Denon HiFi back to standby, and rebooted the PC, though I don't
remember the desklamp blinking but I may have missed that.

Andrew

On 24/03/2021 09:33, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
No that is right but the bad shut down can, and I found that a good clean
of all usb connected plugs with contact cleaner and a bit of pushing in and
out reduced the dodgy lock ups and shut downs no end. My guess is that
windows under certain conditions cannot cope with hardware on the blink very
well and either locks up or shuts down. Brian