Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default System Maintenance Notification in Win 10

No that is right but the bad shut down can, and I found that a good clean
of all usb connected plugs with contact cleaner and a bit of pushing in and
out reduced the dodgy lock ups and shut downs no end. My guess is that
windows under certain conditions cannot cope with hardware on the blink very
well and either locks up or shuts down. Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andrew" wrote in message
On 23/03/2021 15:10, Andy Burns wrote:
Andrew wrote:

I have a Windows notification which says "system
maintenance" with a red circle and an X in it.

Screenshot?

Hmm clicking on "Reliablity" in the control panel app
brings up a chronological history showing four of these
red circles and clicking on them shows stuff like
"Windows shut down abnormally", "MMC failure"
and the Info blue circle shows 5 successful Windows
Updates.

I had no idea this Screen existed.

"MMC" failure is the Microsoft management Console that seems
to have a hissy fit whenever I look at the windows logs and
I have to kill it with taskmanager. This used to happen on
win 7 too, but it doesn't seem to hurt.