Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Fwd: Odd screensaver behaviour

On 23/03/2021 13:52, Andy Burns wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Win 10 doesn't always send a 'wakeup' command to the monitor.

oh, how does it attempt to send video without hsync or vsync?

PAss. All I know is the monitor seems to power off completely
and sometimes it would wakeup showing "resolution searching"
in the top right hand corner with the selected resolution but
more often than not it wouldn't, requiring a physical power
cycle. I'm not sure if the monitor was off or in some sort of
sleep state. It's a 13 YO Hazro 1920*1200 monitor.

It's not an issue I have just reverted to a screen saver and
it's a desktop so I am not concerned about saving power.

Andrew