Posted to uk.telecom,uk.d-i-y,comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Martin Gregorie[_2_] Martin Gregorie[_2_] is offline

Default New BBC and Absolute radio streaming URLS

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 09:04:16 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 22/03/2021 20:15, #Paul wrote:
Axel Berger wrote:
Not sure who "you" is in your answer. In this thread I'm exclusively
speaking about radio, i.e. the spoken word, while several others are
going on about music.

I don't know about usage in Germany, but in (IME) in the UK, Australia,
and NZ "radio" might mean any kind of radio broadcast of audio, whether
of speech, music, weird experimental sound sculptures, etc; or
combinations thereof.

#Paul

Radio (or wireless!) in the UK effectively means 'sound transmission by
radio waves'
If it's speech, it's colloquially known as 'talk radio'. Sometimes.

We need a better description than 'talk radio': there is far too much
crap and assorted political raving around to lump it all together under
that the same heading as Radio 4 or WOR.

At least when one of the political ravers is called a 'shock jock' you
know what to expect.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org