Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Car clock

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
The clock on my car is most odd. Against the pips on FM radio, it always
rolls over the minute bang on. But you can set the time to anything you
fancy. The RDS signal then merely 'locking' it. Suppose it's a decent way
of being able to use it anywhere. RDS might be a pain if you lived on the
edge of two time zones. Luckily, once set correctly, it's very easy to
alter the hour only for BST.

Maybe that's a 'feature'. Some people like to set their clock 5 minutes
fast so they aren't late, and might complain if the clock showed accurate
time with no means of adjustment.

If you cold boot the car (disconnect battery and wait a while) I wonder if
it picks up the time accurately?

Theo