Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Does your car meet our standards

On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 03:09:12 -0000 (UTC), Boris
wrote:

Dan Espen wrote in :

Ed Pawlowski writes:

Taking a clue from this apartment complex, it is time to put some
standards for people posting here. They must have a nice looking car.

https://tinyurl.com/3afv2p4t

The Montana Valley Apartments manager noted that the complex doesnt
allow cars with rust, dents, flat tires, or bad paint to sit in front
of its complex. And while theres certainly something to be said about
towing a car thats been immobile for several weeks, tenants here are
arguing that the standards are entirely unfair because it doesnt
allow them the time to get a repair€”especially for people who are
already living paycheck to paycheck.

I have the ugliest car ever made. A Scion Xb, first version.
I love that car. Best car I ever had. Like a box, only boxier.
I'm keeping it.

Well, maybe the Edsel was uglier. But the Scion Xb is up there.

Ugliest? The AMC Gremlin. The Edsel and the Xb look fine.

I don't know - a Henry J was a pretty homely looking thing too - and
some of the forties and early fifties (previous to 1955) Packards???
The Tucker wasn't winning any beauty contests either - or any of the
Curtis cars before 1955 - or a crosley -or a Bobbi-car. Pre 50s Studs
were nothing to write home about either - and the 73 Grand am???? or
the 1957 "catfish" Packard Hawk?? Or an early "bathtub" Nash? Or some
of the 50's Lincolns???
Any Edsel BUT the 1960 was actually pretty pleasing to the eye - but
the '60???? UGGGLYYY!!!! The Gremmy looked a lot better than the later
"Spirit" based on it - actually kinda Cure in it's own way.