Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Does your car meet our standards

"micky" wrote in message
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 22 Mar 2021 11:31:30 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 09:32:58 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/22/2021 6:31 AM, kelown wrote:

The Montana Valley Apartments manager noted that the complex doesn?t
allow cars with rust, dents, flat tires, or bad paint to sit in
front of
its complex.
If the people don't like the Apartment or HOA rules they should not be
in them. They can always move.

True, if this is section 8 housing you won't get primo cars.

That's quite an elitist take on apartment affordability.

For the two houses I have bought I always ask the real estate agent to
check to see if there are any rules or covents for the property other
than what the county has over all. Then put it in writing in the
buying
contract.

This issue has nothing to do with buying a house.

But the same rules apply from HOAs. One near me wants to ban pickup
trucks.

My HOA had a clause from the start, I think, against parking commercial
vehicles. Not against trucks afaic, but one guy had a panel truck (What
do they call them now????) with the business name on the side, and
that's what bothered people.

They argued about this at the HOA meeting for 10 minutes before I solved
it for them.

Get a blank sheet of magnetic vinyl and put it over the writing on the
door when he got home.

He was one of the few renters too, but why should we make his life
difficult.

Aut what do they think? That people who do physical work for a living
don't live here. How does it affect them if he drives a car with a name
on the side or a truck to work?

They claim it affects their property values. But then
that was always the claim with black people etc too.

The biggest city in Lee County Florida (Cape Coral) banned pickups or
any kind of truck. I think they are backing off of that a little but
it is still pretty restrictive.They also have had other silly laws. I
don't keep track but I know in the 80s you couldn't leave your shoes
on the front porch.
There are plenty of HOAs that ban parking anything in your driveway.
It has to be in the garage and the door has to be closed.

I know of one n'hood, and it's probably not uncommon, where the garage
door cannot face the street. That's probably a good idea, because you
only have to do it once, when you build the house. And it does't take
much extra space to put one 90^ turn in the driveway.

But it does mean that smaller blocks of land arent viable and
would be a hell of a problem for woman drivers like Cindy.