Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default Does your car meet our standards

On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 10:24:46 -0700 (PDT), posted for all
of us to digest...

On Monday, March 22, 2021 at 11:29:07 AM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

The Montana Valley Apartments manager noted that the complex doesn?t
allow cars with rust, dents, flat tires, or bad paint to sit in front of
its complex. And while there?s certainly something to be said about
towing a car that?s been immobile for several weeks, tenants here are
arguing that the standards are entirely unfair because it doesn?t allow
them the time to get a repair?especially for people who are already
living paycheck to paycheck.

It is just the HOA mentality run amok.

If the people don't like the Apartment or HOA rules
they should not be in them. They can always move.

No reason why they should have to due to stupid rules like that.
For the two houses I have bought I always ask the real estate
agent to check to see if there are any rules or covents for the
property other than what the county has over all. Then put it
in writing in the buying contract.

But what about when they change after you buy ?

As I understand it, those covenants are changed by a vote of all
the homeowners who are subject to those covenants. I bet when
you buy in those neighborhoods, you agree to abide by the covenant
and any changes that are made according to some rules set out in
the agreement.

My knowledge is limited, since I'd never buy such a house.

Cindy Hamilton

But this is an apartment complex.

--
Tekkie